Monday 7 May 2012

Winter Kate AW12 Nails - Guest Post for Amber Nectar

Here is the guest post which was created for the Amber Nectar blog! 


(forks.tumblr.com, factorydirectcraft.com, Winter Kate AW12 Dress)


The House of Harlow Winter Kate AW12 collection is full of vibrant, rich colours and amazing 70′s inspired geometric shapes. I love the way that Nicole Richie has collaborated modern materials with a vintage, hard, graphic edge. I am currently in awe in a few pieces from the collection, in particular, this beautiful cobalt and olive green, long sleeved dress. As soon as I laid eyes upon the dress, I was completely inspired by the pairing of the shapes and colours, and it was only a matter of time before I made some nails of it! This post shows you exactly how I did it, it’s super easy and fun, and a great way to brighten up the dreary bank holiday weekend!


You will need:


-Rio nail art pens in white and light blue
-Clear varnish
-Barry M nail paint in light green and dark blue


How to:


Start by painting the nails with a layer of clear varnish, then paint the nails with the Barry M nail paints, alternating colour at each nail. Now you’re ready to get creative!





Paint another layer of clear varnish over the final designs, and then you’re finished!




The result:


I hope you all like the post! It was a pleasure sharing my inspirations and nail art designs for the Amber Nectar blog. Please let us know how you get along!



No comments:

Post a Comment